Final Post - Course Reflection

Overall reflection of the entire course:

  • It is hard to believe that this course is over already! There have been so many valuable things that I have learned from this course and will definitely use in my future teachings. Some of my main takeaway's or highlights from this course are:
    • Tyler and his amazing journey with assistive technology.
    • The SeeNow website simulator really hit home for me since my Pop had vision issues and now I understand what he was seeing or not seeing. 
    • Katie Novak's UDL site and the dinner party activity.
    • BookCreator was amazing and I will definitely use this with my class.
    • Learning about all of the accessibility options on my devices. I did not know that there were so many available.
    • Mentimeter is so neat for using in classrooms.
    • The Myth of Average video was a great resource and taught me that we need to ban "average".
    • The Understood simulator was so cool but also frustrating when using it yourself. It really opened my eyes as to what my students may deal with on a regular basis.
    • Google Read and Write is something that I use daily so I am glad that others have learned about this great resource as well. 
    • All of the different apps that can be used for phonics and more.
  • Technology is always changing and I am so thankful to have learned about the variety of different apps and websites that I did not know about before. I will use these in my teaching practices for sure. I think that we all need to be adaptable and ready for change. 
  • Moving forward I feel more prepared to use the technology that we have learned about and am feeling more confident in my abilities to properly employ them at work. 

Complete icon
Check Mark

Comments

  1. Nice post. We certainly did learn a lot in this course. I'm sure we'll all use it in our classrooms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Steph! I agree with how much we learned. There are certainly so many apps, websites, and toolbars I feel more comfortable using now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment